Respectful cooperative divorce for Kirkland couples
Karin Quirk, Attorney at Lawin Kirkland, Washington helps couples divorce or dissolve partnerships in a respectful cooperative manner. In this 85 second video, Karin conveys her thoughts on divorcing with dignity and respect.
Karin has seen the emotional trauma, expense and bitterness created by traditional divorce litigation. She believes that through a cooperative divorce process couples can feel empowered to resolve their differences in a respectful manner, while protecting their children from the trauma of court and custody battles and better preparing themselves to begin a new life.
As a seasoned Kirkland divorce lawyer, Karin guides couples though a respectful cooperative divorce that helps:
- Focus on settling dissolution in a non-adversarial manner
- Save money, time, emotional trauma
- Preserve privacy
- Determine what is best for their children
- Control the outcome of their divorce vs. a judge
- Move on with their lives with as little emotional baggage as possible
Karin assists Kirkland couples in the following areas:
- Petition of Divorce, Legal Separation or to Dissolve Domestic Partnership
- Temporary Orders
- Parenting Plans
- Child Support
- Spousal Maintenance
- Property Settlement Agreements
- Decree of Divorce
- Transfer of Property Deeds
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRQ)
Benefits of a cooperative divorce for Kirkland clients
A cooperative divorce is a viable alternative for many couples who are able to respectfully negotiate with each other. Each party may choose to be represented by an attorney or they may be able to complete the process with the services of only one lawyer. This process requires a high degree of trust as it is important that all assets and liabilities are disclosed.
A couple working through the cooperative divorce process may engage the services of parenting specialists, financial planners, business and real estate appraisers or other specialists who will give neutral advice to help the couple forge an equitable agreement.
Better Control Over The Process
There is no one size fits all solution to ending a marriage. With a cooperative divorce, you have more control over resolutions and settlements that suit your personal values, goals and needs. Unlike traditional divorces, a court doesn’t dictate your future – you do!
- Help maintain your sense of integrity and respect
- Saves you money and emotional energy
- Works within your time frame not the lawyers’
Ability to Preserve Your Privacy
Do you want your divorce to be between you and your spouse and not have your relationship aired in public? In a typical divorce all your private information becomes public record through court documents. A cooperative divorce can help you preserve your privacy.
- The terms of your settlement are not filed with the court
- Employers are not involved in the discovery process
- Family, friends and co-workers are not pulled into your divorce
More Protection For Your Children
Children can be emotionally scarred by a high conflict divorce. A cooperative divorce allows you to put your children’s emotional, financial and future needs first insuring they are a priority not a casualty.
- Reduces the negative emotional impact of divorce
- Allows for better relationships with both parents
- Provides better modeling for conflict resolution
Significant Cost Savings
A cooperative divorce offers significant cost savings over traditional litigation. The format can vary to meet the needs of the couple. Some couples will need to have full representation for each party, some can work cooperatively with each other and use one attorney for drafting document or, in some cases, parties may merely pay attorneys for “legal coaching”.
- You control the timelines
- You determine the extent of necessary legal fees
- You determine how much you are willing to do yourself
- Flat fees are often available
Is a respectful cooperative divorce right for you?
- Are you more interested in moving on with your life than in perpetuating a marital battle in court?
- Do you want to be in control of your future, including custody and financial support issues, rather than relying on a court’s decision?
- Do you want to end the emotional battle — the anger, upset and fighting?
- Do you want to be treated with respect and dignity during your divorce process?
If you have children:
- Do you feel your children are your primary responsibility when making financial plans?
- Do you want to preserve your children’s emotional health during and after the divorce?
- Do you want your children to be able to invite both their parents to all the special events in their life?
When in comes to divorce there is no “one size fits all” solution
As an experienced and compassionate divorce lawyer, Karin helps her Kirkland clients experience a better way of divorcing. There is no “one size fits all” solution to ending a marriage or partnership. Karin will help clients chose the right divorce process depending on clients’ needs. She does this by assessing her clients’ current relationship, the complexity of their issues, and works with them to define and achieve their goals for their financial, personal and professional future. This may be accomplished by using collaborative law, negotiation or merely guiding couples through the legal process.
Over 16 years experience as a divorce lawyer serving clients in Kirkland, the greater Eastside, and California
Karin Quirk has provided highly professional and affordable legal services since 1996. Her office is conveniently located in Carillon Point in Kirkland, WA. Raised in Spokane and attending Eastern Washington University, Karin began her legal career in Orange County California returning to the Kirkland area in 2003.
In 2010 and 2011 Karin Quirk was named a FIVE STAR Wealth ManagerSM in Seattle magazine for scoring high in overall satisfaction. Her background and training in investment and wealth management enables Karin to serve clients by helping them understand the tax and investment consequences of their divorce settlement.
Learn more about Karin in her about Karin page; read what other clients are saying about Karin; and check out Karin’s blog to learn more about divorce, legal separation, child custody, property division, child support and alimony, coping with divorce, and tax and finances.
When you need an experienced divorce lawyer contact Karin Quirk
Karin Quirk, Attorney at Law
5400 Carillon Point
Kirkland, WA 98033
Karin Quirk, Attorney at Law, represents clients throughout the Greater Eastside (King County, WA): including Kirkland, Bellevue, Bothell, Issaquah, Medina, Redmond, Renton, Woodinville, and Sammamish.